Date(s) - 09/12/2020
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Note: This is a virtual event
This event will explore the costs and benefits of working/learning in a virtual environment.
The binarity of accent discrimination impresses upon us to leave no stone unturned in the fight against accent discrimination. Our position is highlighted by the current pandemic situation which has challenged many notions including the long-held belief that mastering the art of effective communication is a soft skill. We are currently experiencing a wave of new communication technologies which adds credence the fact that we live in a global village along with raised questions on the adaptability and flexibility of individuals to fit in a continuously evolving and innovative virtual working/learning environment, such as;
In terms of identity and belonging, where do accents fit in a virtual team?
Do individuals need to change their accents to fit the virtual working/learning environment?
Focal points for this event are:
- Quality of team communication and relationship in a virtual working/learning space
- The costs and benefits of bringing your authentic voice to a virtual working/learning environment.
- Finding the missing codes in virtual team communication.
- Achieving a positive work-life balance in a virtual world, where do the blurry lines end?
- Stress and burnouts due to working/learning in a virtual environment.
- How to create the right ambience and improve team working/ learning experience in a virtual working/learning space.